How much do actors make on Broadway?
Table of Contents
- How much do actors make on Broadway?
- What is the starting salary for a Broadway actor?
- How much do Broadway child actors make?
- How much does a Theatre actor get paid?
- Who is the highest paid Broadway actor 2020?
- What is the longest running play in Broadway history?
- Do Broadway actors get days off?
- Who Is Highest Paid 2021 actor?
- How much money do actors make on Broadway?
- Is there a minimum salary for an actor?
- How much money do you make as an understudy on Broadway?
- How much does a fight Captain make on Broadway?
How much do actors make on Broadway?
Salary Ranges for Broadway Actors The salaries of Broadway Actors in the US range from $26,063 to $708,331 , with a median salary of $127,367 . The middle 57% of Broadway Actors makes between $127,369 and $320,944, with the top 86% making $708,331.
What is the starting salary for a Broadway actor?
On Broadway, actors make a union-mandated minimum salary of $1,900 a week (though more than likely, the "Hamilton" actors make more). That amounts to a conservative estimate of $98,800.
How much do Broadway child actors make?
Scale payments for Broadway are in excess of $2,200 a week. Off-Broadway and regional theaters pay less. Some tiny off-off-Broadway houses pay very, very little. These rates are based on performing eight shows a week, which is the standard number.
How much does a Theatre actor get paid?
The minimum weekly wage for actors in venues with a capacity of over 1,100 seats is £695, £632 for 800 to 1,099 seats, and £569 for any theatre that has 799 seats or fewer. By comparison, the minimum wage for Broadway performers is $2,034 a week, or £1,430 at today's exchange rates.
Who is the highest paid Broadway actor 2020?
Right now the highest-paid performer on Broadway is Richard Chamberlain, who is playing Captain von Trapp in 'The Sound of Music.” The actor, production sources say, pulls down about $50,000 a week.
What is the longest running play in Broadway history?
The Phantom of the Opera The Phantom of the Opera The longest-running show in Broadway history officially opened on Janu and is still playing at the Majestic The Andrew Lloyd Webber musical won 7 1988 Tony Awards® including Best Musical.
Do Broadway actors get days off?
According to the Actors' Equity Association Production Contract, which governs most Broadway theatres, performers accrue a week of vacation every six months. But those planned absences are not the first time actors miss performances.
Who Is Highest Paid 2021 actor?
Actor Daniel Craig Los Angeles: Actor Daniel Craig has topped the list of highest-paid movie stars of 2021, beating actor Dwayne Johnson with a whopping $100 million in earnings. Craig topped Variety's highest-paid movie stars of 2021 list, reports aceshowbiz.com.
How much money do actors make on Broadway?
- The current minimum salary for an Equity performer on Broadway is $2,034 a week. But that figure can increase depending on the particular demands of any given track. For instance, a chorus role or specialty adds $20 to that weekly minimum, which is more or less standard across the board for Broadway ensembles these days.
Is there a minimum salary for an actor?
- An actor (or the actor’s agent) can negotiate higher than the weekly minimum, but never accept a salary lower than the negotiated minimum.”
How much money do you make as an understudy on Broadway?
- For each principal role that you are understudying, your minimum increases $33. For every performance in which you, as an understudy, actually end up playing that principal role, you get an extra 1/8 of your weekly salary. Tony nominated lead actors normally see a $500 per week pay bump while winners can see that number climb to $1000 per week.
How much does a fight Captain make on Broadway?
- If a production calls for a fight captain to maintain fight choreography, that performer adds $75 to their weekly salary. Another interesting way an actor’s base salary can increase is by agreeing to a one-year rider, essentially saying that the performer will remain with a production for an entire year.